- Arbitrator, Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas
- Defense Research Institute (Products Liability and Commercial Litigation Committee)
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (2015-2016 Eastern PA Board of Directors)
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Camden County Bar Association
- Rutgers University School of Law (J.D.)
- Lafayette College (B.A.)
- State of New Jersey
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
2500 McClellan Boulevard
Merchantville, NJ 08109
Mr. Blakelock is an experienced trial attorney who practices primarily in the areas of products liability, toxic torts, premises liability, transportation and trucking, and construction defect litigation. He also has significant experience in business and commercial litigation, including expertise in non-complete agreements and restrictive covenants.
Mr. Blakelock represents manufacturers of consumer products, construction equipment, agricultural and industrial machinery in defense of products liability claims. He has successfully represented manufacturers of a vast array of products, including, tractors, lawn mowers, loaders, bulldozers, snow throwers, fork lifts, trailers, deep fryers, football helmets, box rakes, boilers, motor homes, jet skis, pipe cutters, environmental remediation equipment, and food containers, among others. In addition to defending lawsuits, Mr. Blakelock counsels clients on product manuals and risk management.
Mr. Blakelock also has over 23 years of experience in defense of asbestos claims in toxic tort litigation.
Mr. Blakelock has represented large corporations as well as small businesses in business disputes, including those arising out of complex commercial transactions, sale of businesses, civil RICO and fraud claims, defamation, trade secrets, and partnership disputes. He has also counseled clients on Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act (CDA) with respect to Internet defamation.
Mr. Blakelock practices in New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
- Presenter, “Products Liability Litigation: Addressing Other Similar Incidents and Lack of Prior Accidents Evidence”, Strafford Webinar, April 30, 2015
- Presenter, “Strategic Considerations Relating to Video Depositions”, Butler Weilmuller Katz Craig Annual Educational Seminar and Golf Outing, September 2014
- Presenter, “Internet Defamation: Corporate Rights and Potential Liabilities, DELVACCA, April 23, 2013
- Presenter, “Protecting the Company’s Assets: Employment Contracts and Restrictive Covenants”, Kisler Tiffany Educational Seminar, December 8, 2007
- Presenter, “Environmental Insurance Coverage”, XL Insurance Company CLE Seminar, March, 2004
- Presenter, “Electronic Discovery”, Hecker, Brown, Sherry & Johnson CLE Seminar, October 2000
- “Internet Defamation: Corporate Risks and Remedies,” For The Defense, July 30,2013
- “Pennsylvania Restrictive Covenant’s Compendium on Trade Secrets and Non-Compete Clauses,” DRI Publications, December 0212
- “Defending Damages Claims in Business Tort Cases,” DRI, 2009.
- “Attacking the Admission of OSI Evidence,” For The Defense, December 2006.
- “Practical Considerations in Defense of Rollover Accident and ROPS Defect Claims,” ACMIE Newsbrief (The Newsletter of DRI’s Product Liability Sub-Committee), 2005.
- “Overcoming Limitation of Liability Clauses in Commercial Warehouse Storage Contracts,” Subrogor, October, 2001.
- “Evaluating Expert Testimony with Respect to Medical Causation: The Use of Epidemiological Studies in Court,” Counterpoint, January 2000.